Diced cooked chicken, pasta, shredded carrots, red bell peppers and basil tossed in an Thai-inspired vinaigrette. This Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad is simple and delicious.
Every time I make this easy chicken satay pasta salad it’s a big hit. Even people who didn’t think they would like it, have gone back for seconds!
The Skinny on Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad
Brimming with good for you ingredients – chunks of grilled chicken, crunchy carrots, red bell pepper and fresh basil, this easy chicken satay pasta salad makes a great main course lunch or dinner salad for Weight Watchers.
I’m a big fan of Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing. It’s delicious and has only 35 calories in a 2 tablespoon serving.
The last time I made this Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad I used gluten-free brown rice pasta with good results. but any whole grain pasta should work.
Each serving has 302 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie whole grain pasta
- 1 cup lite Asian vinaigrette salad dressing (such as Newman;s Own Lite Sesame Ginger)
- 2 tablespoons Asian Seasoning Mix**
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts, roughy chopped
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 lb)
- Additional chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot. Drain the pasta and rinse it well under cold running water. Once pasta is cool, transfer it to a large mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk together the vinaigrette, Asian seasoning mix and peanut butter in small bowl and set it aside.
- Cut the carrots into skinny julienne strips.
- Cut bell pepper lengthwise into skinny ¼-inch strips.
- Cut carrots and bell pepper strips crosswise into 1-in. pieces.
- Add the chicken, carrots, bell pepper, chopped peanuts,chopped basil and dressing to the pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with additional chopped peanuts, if desired.
**I used Asian seasoning mix from the Pampered Chef but I'm sure any brand of Asian seasoning blend from the grocery store would work well.
Source: adapted from The Pampered Chef
*PointsPlus® for Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this easy chicken satay pasta salad you might also like: