These Rice Krispie date balls are delicious no bake cookies with just 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
I mixed up a batch of these deliciously simple Rice Krispie date balls as a holiday gift for my favorite hairstylist, replacing the eggs with 1/4 cup of margarine, to make them Vegan friendly.
These rice krispie date balls date back to my childhood when my best friend’s mom would make them every year for Christmas.
She rolled her no bake cookies in coconut, but I opted to stir it in with the cereal since I was short on time.
Either way, you are rewarded with delicious quick and easy no bake date cookies, that can satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing the calorie/PointsPlus bank
If you are a fan of nuts, you could always stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, just adjust the PointsPlus value accordingly.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates (don't use already chopped dates)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a large cold skillet, combine the brown sugar, dates, and eggs. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, cereal, and coconut until well combined.
- Let cool slightly, then when cool enough to handle, squeeze and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chilled. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Rice Krispie Date Balls Variations:
- Coconut Coated Rice Krispie Date Balls: Instead of stirring coconut into the mixture, place it in a shallow dish and roll the Rice Krispie date balls in the coconut to coat them.
- Vegan Rice Krispie Date Balls: Substitute the eggs with 1/4 cup margarine..
Source: This recipe for Rice Krispie Date Balls is adapted from No-bake Cookies: More Than 150 Fun, Easy & Delicious Recipes for Cookies, Bars, And Other Cool Treats Made Without Baking by Camilla Saulsbury.
If you liked rice krispie date balls you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for rice krispie date balls calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.