WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Moroccan Vegetarian Stew
(241 calories | 4 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The idea for this slow cooker Moroccan Vegetarian Stew popped into my head as I was thinking about how well the Easy Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken had turned out a couple weeks ago.
I was curious to see if a package of Campbell’s Moroccan Spiced Stew with Green Olives and Lemon Slow Cooker Sauce (affiliate link) could work the same magic on vegetables it had chicken thighs.
So, I tossed onions, potatoes, cauliflower, red bell pepper, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of garbanzo beans into my CrockPot.
Then stirred in a package of the sauce and some instant tapioca (my secret thickening ingredient) and let it simmer for several hours.
When the vegetables were tender, I stirred in a couple handfuls of frozen peas, chopped cilantro and a couple squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
Served over rice or couscous, or on it’s own with warm crusty bread, this slow cooker Moroccan Vegetarian Stew is surprisingly tasty and satisfying, even for my meat loving husband.
It’s definitely got a bit of a kick to it. Not too much for us, but possibly for kids and/or those who like their food on the very mild side.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Vegetarian Stew?
According to my calculations, each 1-1/2-cups serving has 241 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
The recipe makes about 8 cups of stew. I’ve been enjoying the leftovers this week for lunch and am already looking forward to experimenting with other vegetable combinations. I think the leftovers would freeze well too.
If you’ve made this slow cooked Low-Fat Vegetarian Moroccan Stew, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Moroccan Vegetarian Stew
- 1 cup chopped onions softened for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave
- 1 cup peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots cut into thirds
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1 pepper
- 1 can 14 to 15 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 14 to 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package 13 ounces Campbell's Moroccan Chicken Slow Cooker Sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca thickener
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or more to taste, if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 4-Quart
- Grease inside of the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Combine the onions, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, red pepper, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, slow cooker sauce, and tapioca in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- A few minutes before serving, stir in the peas and cilantro. Taste and season, adding in a little lemon juice if you feel it needs something to brighten it up.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for crock pot Moroccan Vegetarian Stew you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!