WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Spicy Shrimp & Quinoa Bowl
(330 calories | 9 6 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
With the stay-at-home order currently in place, I find I’m cooking a lot more. My husband and I sit down and take the time to savor our lunch together. We decided to shift our biggest meal of the day to early afternoon, and it really is working for us.
I made this spicy shrimp and quinoa bowl the other day and we both thought it was healthy yet satisfying. It was flavorful and light, but stayed with us all day.
For me that is what I call “happy food”. It was easy to make, tasted delicious and left me satiated.
I hate those meals when I work all day preparing something and then find I’m looking for a snack an hour later. I believe Dr. Oz’s recipes have a good balance of fat, protein, and carbs that not only taste good, but they keep you full. Being able to cut out snacks goes a long way when you’re tracking points.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Spicy Shrimp Bowl?
According to my calculations, each serving has 330 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Spicy Shrimp with Quinoa Bowls Step by Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Place oil in a skillet and warm over medium heat. Add the zucchini and tomatoes and cook 3-4 minutes.
Step 3: Add the shrimp and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and oregano.
Cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
Step 4: Serve over the quinoa.
Easy Healthy Spicy Shrimp Bowl Recipe Notes
- Substitute garlic powder with 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced.
- Use more red pepper flake if you like it real spicy.
- Add extra veggies, like onions, peppers or spinach.
Skinny Shrimp Bowl Serving Suggestions
Ways to Use Leftovers
- Mix leftovers into eggs and make a frittata.
- Add chicken broth to leftovers to make a light soup.
- Use it on top of salad greens for a tasty salad.
- Roll it in a low-carb wrap for an easy satisfying sandwich.
If you’ve made this Spicy Shrimp Bowl with Quinoa, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Spicy Shrimp and Quinoa Bowl for Two
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Place oil in a skillet and warm over medium heat. Add the zucchini and tomatoes and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and oregano. Cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve over the quinoa.
Recipe source: Food Can Fix It: The Superfood Switch to Fight Fat, Defy Aging, and Eat Your Way Healthy by Dr. Mehmet Oz
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes
- Healthy Mediterranean Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad
- One-Pot Curried Rice and Shrimp Pilaf
- Pioneer Woman’s Shrimp Stir-Fry for 2
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!