I watched an informative Zoom Conference, Six Tips for Success on PersonalPoints, led by several members of WW Management Team, including Gary Foster, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer.
WW PersonalPoints, the weight loss company's latest program, was introduced November, 2021. Whenever the program changes it is challenging, especially for those who are doing well with the the current plan.
I took notes during the conference and am sharing them here in hope that they help those who are struggling.
Six Tips for Success on WW Personal Points
There are four pillars of the WW Personal Points Program:
Each are important for improved health and weight management success.
Success Tip #1: Think of Change as an Opportunity
- Change can be hard. It can also be an opportunity to bring focus back to our behaviors.
- Think of it as a Reset, a Fresh Start
- Growth happens through change
Success Tip #2: Trust the Process
- WW prides itself on being led by the latest in nutritional science & behavioral science.
- The new WW Personal Points program has been in the works for more than two years.
- It was tested with thousands of members and extensively tweaked before launch.
Success Tip #3: Explore and Experiment
- Get curious.
- Try new things.
- Think of yourself as a new member.
- Have fun. Play with the program.
Success Tip #4: Add Fuel & Reduce Friction
- When healthy behaviors are easy and simple we are more likely to do them.
- How can you make things easier?
- Train your eye to recognize 1 cup of non-starchy vegetables so they are easy to count, track and add points to your day in a healthy way.
- Move in ways that feel like play.
Success Tip #5: This is a Journey, not a Destination
- How can you create joy in the journey?
- Be patient with yourself.
- Be kind.
- Give yourself some grace.
- Take this at your own pace. Step-by-Step Approach to Weight Loss Success
- Take your time.
- Go slow.
- Set small goals and celebrate when you reach them. Examples:
- Choosing baby carrots instead of chips to go with your sandwich.
- Drinking water when you wake up and before meals.
Success Tip #6: Give Yourself Credit
- Remember that you are the most important asset that you bring to your journey.
- You are more capable than you realize.
- You are able to have setbacks and recover.
- Lean into your strengths and believe in your skills.
- Think about and focus on non-scale victories.
- Most of the benefits of the WW Program are not measured on the scale:
- Increased energy
- Better sleep
- Better health
- Fewer medicines
- More confidence
- Recognize all you have accomplished.
- Give up on perfection. Growth is about improvement, not perfection.
If you liked this article about success with WW PersonalPoints, you might also like
- Best Weight Loss Success Stories 2018
- 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
- 5 WW Tips & Tricks from a Successful Maintainer
- 101 Meal Prep Tips from Success Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!