I’m a huge fan of leftovers. One of the reasons I love slow cooking so much is the steady supply of extra food provided. It’s a great way to enjoy healthy, delicious homemade meals while saving time and money and managing your waistline.
But, heating or reheating food that has been stored in the fridge or a freezer can be a bit tricky until you master it.
Not everything should be just tossed into the microwave .
There are things you should know: foods that freeze well and those that don’t. Steps you should take to ensure safety and flavor. Recommended freezer lengths. Steps for proper cooling, storing and reheating.
So imagine my delight when I was asked to share this incredibly detailed infographic – The Ultimate Guide to Reheating Food. It’s the perfect follow up to last week’s post where I shared my Five Favorite Slow Cooker Infographics.
This useful infographic will teach you, from start to end, everything you need to know about how to cool, store, freeze and thoroughly reheat your food properly and safely.
What I Learned About Reheating Food From this Infographic:
- For proper food safety it’s important to cool food quickly, store it properly, freeze it smartly and reheat it thoroughly.
- Perishable foods should be kept at room temperature for no more than two hours.
- Frozen foods are best defrosted in the refrigerator.
- To insure proper circulation of cold air, refrigerators should not be stuffed too full.
- The best ways for reheating various foods to insure maximum flavor and texture, including pizza which should be reheated in a skillet, soups on the stove, muffins in the oven and casseroles in the microwave .
Source: This ultimate guide to reheating food is provided courtesy of Lisa Farland, a content writer for Happy to Survive – a blog that will help you thrive and survive, and offers articles about preparedness, and off-the-grid, self-reliant living.
- Five Favorite Slow Cooker Infographics
- Crock Pot Tips – How to Make Recipes with Short Cooking Times Work for You
- Tips for Low Fat Baking Success
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- How to Cook Ground Beef in the Crock Pot
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!