Yoga is a proven exercise for relieving stress.
This magic elixir can help restore hormone balance and calm your nervous system.
A powerful pose for simultaneously soothing and energizing your system is legs up the wall pose.
It is a mild inversion that uses gravity to help let the body de-stress, and increases blood flow to the brain and can also lessen the intensity of hot flashes.
The next time you are feeling overcome by stress give it a try.
To Do Legs Up the Wall Pose
- Find an available wall that is at least three feet wide.
- Sit with one shoulder close to the wall.
- Lie on your opposite side with knees bent and your butt touching the wall.
- Roll onto your back and bring your legs up the wall.
- If you hamstrings are tight, move your torso away from the wall until you are comfortable.
- For additional support, place a pillow, folded blanket, or bolster beneath your hips and low back.
- Close your eyes and relax for as long as you can, aiming for 1- 5 minutes and increasing as you are able.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!