Before beginning my year of Weight Watchers friendly crock pot cooking challenge, I’d never really thought much about crock pot cooking for weight loss.
But the truth is, if you are trying to lose weight, your slow cooker can be your best friend.
For most of us, dinner is the meal that often derails our best intentions when it comes to weight loss. After a long day of work, your arrive home tired and hungry. And the last thing you want to do is think about is cooking dinner.
So you end up grabbing the quickest thing you can get your hands on. And it’s rarely if ever light and healthy!
But, with a crock pot, instead of worrying all day about what to make for dinner, you know a healthy and delicious meal will be ready and waiting when you get home.
Or you can use your crock pot on the weekends to make light and healthy meals to warm up during the week. The crock pot makes it easy to cook healthy, affordable meals without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
For A Limited Time:
Enjoy 25% off your meal plan subscription when you subscribe by Sun. (8/21)
So, What are the Advantages of Crock Pot Cooking for Weight Loss?
- The crock pot is a time-saver. Rather than spending 60 to 90 minutes cooking dinner when you get home, you can spend some time with your family or squeeze in some exercise.
- With a crock pot, you can prepare wholesome, nutritious meals that are veggie-rich, packed with complex carbs, and low in fat and calories.
- Because crock pot cooking is a moist form of cooking it requires less fat so you’ll save calories and points.
- Long cooking on low heat tenderizes meat, so it is an excellent way to cook cuts of meat that have less fat, are less tender, but are also less expensive.
- When you cook in a crock pot there is a good chance you’ll have leftovers for an easy healthy lunch the next day.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.