After years of self-sabotage and living in denial about what it takes to support my weight loss efforts, I decided to take responsibility and get real. Oh, what a difference it has made.
When it comes to healthy weight loss, there are no big secrets. You need to focus on what you want, believe you deserve it, set yourself up for success with a supportive environment and then take slow and steady steps to achieve your longterm goals.
Here are 10 Ways to Set Yourself Up for Healthy Weight Loss Success
2. Have a stash of quick and easy healthy ready to eat foods at the ready. Things like apples, bananas, nuts, peanut butter, plain yogurt, whole grain crackers, and popcorn.
3. Keep a food journal. So much of what we do is habit. To raise awareness and tune into your eating habits, take the time to write it all down – including what you eat, how much, when, where and why. You’ll be amazed by what you discover.
4. Take a 20 minute walk most days of the week. Moving is key to success and there’s no easier form of movement than taking a walk. You can do it anywhere and all you need is a pair of sneakers. (If you prefer, find some other form of enjoyable exercise.)
5. Spend 5 minutes a day doing focused breathing. Sit quietly, close your eyes and just breathe. It will help relax you which is something we all need more of in these busy stressful times.
6. Buy and use smaller dishes. Modern dishes have grown in proportion to our super-sized meals. This is one of the easiest things I’ve done to help support my healthy weight loss goals.
7. Eat regular meals. Don’t skip meals. Don’t snack all day. Set regular times for eating and then stick with them as much as you can. As natural beings, we like rhythm and routine in our lives.
8. Eat some protein at each meal. It will keep you feeling full longer.
9. Drink lots of water. It will help keep your systems working and prevent you from getting tired.
10. Learn to say “no.” Most of us are overworked and overstressed which contributes to excess weight gain in a multitude of ways. To protect your time, your energy and your waistline, learn to say no to extra food, to the things you don’t want to do and to the people who drain you.
PS…If you need a gentle reset with your healthy eating, weight loss and exercise goals, be sure to check out my 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss eCourse and eBook. It’s designed to help you lose weight in a way that is simple, sensible, sustainable and feel’s “just right” for you!!!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!