(Year of Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 185 – Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes)
This slow cooker lemon chicken and potatoes with garlic and oregano is a great alternative to oven roasting. It’s easier. Doesn’t heat up the kitchen. And is just as delicious.
The lemon slices get soft and mellow, infusing the chicken and potatoes with their subtle flavor.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
Dinner doesn’t get much easier or tastier than this slow cooker lemon chicken and potatoes. Just toss everything into the slow cooker, adding the lemon slices during the last hour, so they don’t get bitter.
Any colorful vegetable – green beans, carrots, broccoli, asparagus – would make a nice accompaniment. Or make a simple salad if turning on the stove seems like too much effort.
Each serving has 347 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
To work for Simply Filling, substitute chicken broth for the white wine.
Simple and satisfying, I’ll definitely make this again.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken thighs (5 to 6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced and seeded
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 5-Quart
- Place the potatoes in the slow cooker and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Place the onions, garlic and oregano in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and lemon juice and pour the mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Add the lemon slices, tucking them in and around the chicken and cook for 1 hour more, or until the potatoes and chicken are tender.
- Serve with your favorite colorful vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, broccoli or asparagus.
Source: adapted from The Italian Slow Cooker
*PointsPlus® for slow lemon chicken and potatoes calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker slow cooker lemon chicken and potatoes you might also like:
Today’s food for thought comes courtesy of Colleen who recently left it in a comment…
“You can’t cross a sea by merely staring into the water.”
~ Rabindranath Tagore
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!