(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 162)
It’s been over a year since I’ve made a pot of this easy, delicious Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup.
One of my all-time favorite slow cooker soups, I decided to make another batch before the weather gets any warmer.
When I originally saw the recipe for this Italian Beef and Lentil Soup I really didn’t think much about it.
Then I heard several people singing the soup’s praises during Weight Watchers meetings.
Which was all I needed to make a batch for myself.
The best part?
This is one of those dump and stir one-pot slow cooker recipes.
There’s no precooking required.
To prevent the zucchini from getting mushy, it’s best to add it during the last hour of cooking, if you can.
Mom, Rod and I all really, really like this easy Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker soup!
- 1 pound lean beef round, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 can (14 - 15 ounces) canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¾ cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup fresh, silvered basil
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils and beef broth in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine everything well. Cook, covered, on low for 6 to 7 hours. During the last hour of cooking add the zucchini. Remove the cover and stir in the basil.
- Serve hot.
Substitute 2 cups fresh cut green beans for the zucchini if you prefer.
Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers
If you liked this Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup you might also like:
Today’s food for thought…
“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post may contain Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!