(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 33)
I made this slow cooker baked brie yesterday.
It was the perfect accompaniment to a glass of wine, while relaxing on the patio.
And a wonderful way to start the weekend.
(I love this time of year in Phoenix. We are finally able to open the doors and windows and be outside again
Now more than a month of into my Year of Weight Watchers friendly crock pot cooking, a rhythm is starting to emerge.
Fridays are becoming my day to try out slow cooker appetizer recipes that serve to tide us over until heading out for a late dinner or warming up some of the leftovers that have accumulated during the week.
I topped this slow cooker baked brie with a layer of fig preserves and handful of chopped walnuts and let it cook on LOW till warm and gooey. Then served it with slices of apple and a few Triscuits. (Slices of baguette would have been nice, but not worth the trip out to the store.)
I think this slow cooker baked brie is a perfect way to spend some of those extra Weight Watchers weekly points, don’t you?
I’m already making a list of the other slow cooker baked brie toppings to try. Next up is chopped apricots, apricot preserves and almonds. And definitely chopped dried cranberries and pistachios before the Holidays.
More Slow Cooker Baked Brie Topping Ideas:
1) Cranberry Pecan
1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries, Chopped
2) Apricot Almond
1/4 cup diced apricots
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
3) Apple Cranberry Almond
1/2 cup chopped apples
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 round of brie (8 ounces)
- ¼ cup fig spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Sliced apples, crackers or bread for serving
- I used my little 1-1/2-Quart round crockpot. If you only have a large crockpot, put the brie in an oven-safe dish. And then place the dish in your crockpot. (According to Steph at A Year of Slow Cooking, “As long as the dish and the crockpot heat together, you’re all good.”)
- Put the brie into the crockpot.
- Spread with the fig spread.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chopped walnuts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1-2 hours, until soft.
Source: I adapted this slow cooker brie recipe from this one at A Year of Slow Cooking
If you liked this slow cooker baked brie, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.