(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 45)
I made this easy slow cooker chicken ala king to serve on top of Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes recently.
It’s a combination of a couple of different recipes that came together really quickly thanks to a can of creamy roasted garlic Progresso Recipe Starters in the pantry.
We’ve both been a little under the weather with cold symptoms, so a dose of this easy slow cooker chicken a la king seemed like a perfect creamy comforting antidote.
Not to mention great way to use up some leftover cooked rotisserie chicken.
I guess I was right, because Rod exclaimed it, “Perfect for tonight,” which I took as a huge compliment.
I served our easy slow cooker chicken a la king over baked potatoes with Caesar salad on the side.
- 1 can (18 ounces) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy roasted garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together the can of creamy roasted garlic sauce and flour until well blended. Pour into the slow cooker. Add the chicken.
- In a skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, red bell pepper and celery until softened, 3 to 5 minutes, and add to the crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and Cook on LOW until heated.
- Add the 1 cup of defrosted peas 20 minutes before serving.
- Stir in sherry and parsley, if using, right before serving.
- Serve over rice, biscuits or baked potatoes, if desired
If you liked easy slow cooker chicken a la king you might also like:
Have you seen my latest ebook? It’s a collection of Favorite Easy Healthy Recipes for Using Rotisserie Chicken available on Amazon:
*PointsPlus® for easy slow cooker chicken a la king calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.