I made these quick easy salmon patties for dinner recently. They were a hit.
I really like salmon patties, but I never make them the same way twice.
Every time I make them, I feel compelled to try a different recipe.
Why is that?
This recipe for quick easy salmon patties is adapted from the Good Housekeeping The Supermarket Diet Cookbook, a recent Goodwill find with several items already flagged to try.
I modified these quick easy salmon patties slightly to accommodate what I had on hand.
The original recipe called for horseradish sauce. I only had prepared horseradish. So, I made my own ‘horseradish sauce’ by combining 1 tablespoon of it with 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise, which seemed to work fine.
Served with frozen potato wedges I heated up in the toaster oven and coleslaw, it was a quick, easy, healthy, satisfying dinner that came together in less than 30 minutes.
The consistency of these salmon patties is quite soft, not firm like salmon burgers. So if soft salmon patties are a turn-off these probably aren’t for you.
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) salmon, drained well and picked over for skin and bones
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ¼ cup horseradish sauce (I made my own by combining 1 heaping tablespoon prepared horseradish and 3 heaping tablespoons light mayonnaise)
- ¼ cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salmon, green onion, celery, horseradish sauce and bread crumbs. Shape the salmon patties into 4 (3-1/2-inch) round patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the patties to the skillet. Cook until golden, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and heated through 2 to 3 minutes more.
You could make these several hours or a day ahead and then place them on a plate, cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to cook. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer so they heat through.
Source: Adapted from Good Housekeeping The Supermarket Diet Cookbook
If you liked these quick easy salmon patties here are some other recipes using canned salmon for you:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.