Weight Loss Success Story: Tabatha J.
I’ve got another incredible story of weight loss transformation to share with you today.
Tabatha lost 85 pounds which she has kept of for 5 years and is now a Vegan blogger committed to helping others by sharing her inspiring story.
I can’t wait to try her recipe for sweet potato black bean burgers and am headed over to her blog in search of more yummy plant based recipes!
Tell Us A Little Bit About Your Weight Struggle
I was very fit and active before the birth of my first child, but when I was pregnant I bought into the whole “eat for two” advice.
I gained 70 pounds during my pregnancy.
After about two months after having my daughter, my husband and I were out running errands. I ended up passing out in a parking lot and had to be rushed to the ER in an ambulance.
I was suffering from dehydration, sleep deprivation, and exhaustion.
That was my wake up call. I knew I had to get back in shape.
Once my doctor cleared me to exercise, I started doing a workout program that I created. I workout out at home at 5:30 a.m. about 4-5 days a week.
I monitored my caloric intake and eat five small meals a day, one every three hours.
It took me 11 months to lose the weight.
Today, I have kept off the weight.
I am a vegan blogger, and I try to inspire people with my story!
I am living proof that you can lose the post-pregnancy weight and keep it off as well!
What Was Your Wake-Up Call Or “A-Ha Moment” That Caused You To Really Commit Yourself To Succeeding?
Two months after having my daughter, I was out running errands with my husband and I passed out and had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
I was suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and sleep deprivation. That was my wake up call!
How Have Your Eating Habits Changed Since Beginning Your Journey? What Did You Eat Before And What Are You Eating Now?
My eating habits have changed drastically. Today, I am vegan.
When I gained all of the weight during my pregnancy, I was eating a lot of food, not watching my caloric intake, and it was a mess!
What Is The Difference In Your Fitness Before You Started And Now?
I was active up until two weeks before my pregnancy. I was still walking on the treadmill.
Before I became pregnant, I worked out and was fairly fit.
It was during the pregnancy that I packed on the weight.
Today, I workout regularly, maintain a vegan diet, and I have kept the weight off for five years!
What Has Been The Biggest Change/Payoff For You So Far?
Well, my health has improved.
I NEVER want to take another ambulance ride in my life.
I feel better, my skin is great, and I feel wonderful!
How Much Weight Have You Lost? How Long Did It Take You To Lose It?
I lost 85 lbs. in 11 months.
My Favorite Recipes Is…
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1-1/2 cups cooked organic brown rice
- 2 cups cooked salted organic black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Daiya Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and brush with (organic) extra virgin olive oil.
- Place potatoes (cut side down) in shallow baking dish.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until soft to the touch. Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees F.
- Cook brown rice while potatoes are cooking.
- Add black beans to mixing bowl and mash (mash about half of the beans for texture).
- Add sweet potato, brown rice, red onion, Panko, and spices.
- Mix to combine ingredients thoroughly. Mixture should be moist and not wet. It should be easily moldable.
- Lightly grease baking sheet, and prepare mixture into 8 equal sized balls.
- Press them gently to form the burgers.
- Bake for 40 minutes, carefully flipping them at 20 minutes.
- Serve as you wish. I used organic whole wheat buns.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, or freeze, if over a few days keeping.
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 burger patty
Follow Tabatha on her website: http://www.thesensiblevegan.com
Follow Tabatha on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesensiblevegan
Follow Tabatha on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sensiblevegan
Follow Tabatha on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+TabathaJamesvegan
More Weight Loss Success Stories on Simple Nourished Living:
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!