Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Drumsticks
Barbecued chicken on the grill is tricky, often resulting in under-cooking, burning, or both.
Why not keep things simple and use your slow cooker instead?
You can still have tasty barbecued chicken without the grill. How great is that?
These slow cooker honey bbq drumsticks are guaranteed to become a family favorite.
It’s a quick, easy, healthy, tasty chicken recipe you’ll turn to again and again.
If you prefer, you can always use skinless chicken thighs instead.
The secret key for this recipe is to use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce , spicy, tangy or sweet, to create the flavor you like best.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Drumsticks
You’ll want to skin your drumsticks to keep them Weight Watchers friendly.
According to my calculations each drumstick has 163 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Learn more about Weight Watchers Freestyle in this short video:
Here’s a video showing you how to easily remove the skin from your drumsticks in seconds with paper towels.
Gina from SkinnyTaste demonstrates how to remove skin from chicken drumsticks:
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Drumsticks Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed**
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4- to 5-1/2-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker insert with nonstick spray.
- Place the drumsticks in the slow cooker, distributing them as evenly as you can.
- In a bowl stir together the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard and Worcestershire if using, until well blended. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
For this recipe, I recommend:
If you like these slow cooker honey bbq chicken drumsticks, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!