Have you heard of the Skinny on Weight Loss YouTube Channel?
50-year-old twin sisters from Cincinnati do a weekly video sharing the highlights of their Weight Watchers Meeting. Combined they’ve lost over 150 pounds!
I love how they openly and honestly share their struggles and successes.
As well as offering up tips, hints, strategies, food finds, recipes and suggestions to help you achieve your own lasting weight loss success.
While being a service to others who tune in to their show, the skinny sisters have discovered that producing weekly video updates helps keep them accountable!
I thought it would be fun to share these informative videos here for anyone interested in a replacement for or supplement to their weekly Weight Watchers Meeting. Enjoy!
Skinny on Weight Loss Sisters Weight Watchers Meeting Week #49 – Thanksgiving
- This video discusses making it through the holidays.
- Right now they are each up about 4-5 pounds over their lowest weight and right now they are focusing on getting through the holidays without any significant gains, which is a success in a world where most people gain several pounds this time of year.
- The girl suggest their Thanksgiving Day eating strategy including their pie splurge and ideas for dealing with food pushers.
- Event planning calendar – at this time of year it’s especially helpful to mark up all the events you’ll be attending over the next several weeks to plan and prepare your eating strategies.
- Enjoy your splurges, savor them.
- Light Dessert Recipe – A crustless Pumpkin Pie, similar to this Crustless Pumpkin Pie but made with Splenda.
- Purging and clearing away your clutter according to the teaching of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up , by Marie Kond?, has been very empowering and added a feeling of control in other aspects of life including food and eating.
Skinny on Weight Loss Sisters Weight Watchers Meeting Week #47 & 48 – Weight Watchers Panic & Planning
- They both gained this week.
- What is your goal during the holidays? Is it to lose or just to maintain? What are the challenges? What’s realistic?
- Anticipate your events and challenges and plan for them.
- Enjoy meal on the actual holidays but practice moderation at other times.
- They will be on vacation Thanksgiving week celebrating turning 50.
- The importance of weighing in each week.
- Obsessed with The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up . Perspective of the book is a very unique way to clear away clutter based on whether it brings you joy or not. You can apply this perspective into many other aspects of your life. Focus on bringing in more joy.
- What makes me happy – I weighed in, I showed up at my meeting and I’m going to have a great week. Focus on the positive.
- How to make an 18 Point Meal Salad work in your day?
- Food Finds @ Costco – Kodiak Cakes, Cosmos Caramel Corn Puffs, @ Tastefully Simple – Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Preplanning, thinking ahead, restaurant strategies, having fun with Weight Watchers alumni.
Skinny on Weight Loss Sisters Weight Watchers Meeting Week #45 & 46 & 48 – Weight Watchers & Reassessing
- Winning trick-or-treat strategy – buy something you don’t like to hand out 🙂
- Total down to date: 74.4 and 98.6 How awesome is that!
- Close to milestones of 75 and 100 but have realized they need to let numbers go and let the weight loss happen as it will happen.
- Turning 50 in November – Received their AARP cards.
- Excited to say that they feel fabulous at 50.
- The past two weeks were about reassessment. Had a couple of busy weeks but focused on preparing and planning.
- Doing a DAV 5k walk next Saturday after their WW meeting.
- Look ahead through the holidays and mark down the days with events to get perspective and reassess and reflect at the end of each week.
- Mix things up -especially how you track – maybe go back to paper occasionally.
- Realize what better choices they are making than they would have in the past.
- Recent Panera splurge – shared an orange scone – planned for it and savored it and felt successful without guilt.
- Food Finds – Fiber One Cranberry Orange and Pumpkin Flavors, Pastorelli Ultra Thin Pizza Crusts,
- Suggestions for dressing well on a budget – hunting second hand stores
- The importance of organization – The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up , a recent new purchase from Half-Price Books – on the to read list.
Learn how to lay the groundwork to create a health promoting empowering lifestyle that supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation…
My 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss eCourse and eBook may be just what you are looking for.
Over four weeks, you'll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.You'll lay the groundwork to create a health promoting empowering lifestyle that supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation.
"Hi Martha - I purchased your 28-Day Smart Start Challenge and I love it!!" I don't know how to thank you." ~ Debra S.
"Hi Martha, I bought your Slow Cooker eBook Bundle today... I have been skimming through them and it comes to me just how much work you have put into this and just what a bargain I got!! I want to thank you for all you do and I am excited to begin your 28-Day Smart Start - Day 1 is tomorrow! "
~ Robin B.
"Martha - My biggest a-ha moment was when I joined your 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge. It helped me look at life and weight loss realistically! " ~ Cathy
"I know you are very busy, but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your encouraging emails. I am really inspired again to eat healthy and lose some weight. I love your 28-day course and all your recipes, tips and hints. My husband loves everything we have tried so far. A big thank you!! " ~ Sandy M.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!