Read this book and change the way you think about food and health forever. I guarantee it.
Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink.
Have you ever wondered why you can’t lose weight even though you really want to?
Read this book to discover all the ways your environment is working to make you fat. You are not broken. Your environment is. Applying the principles outlined in Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think helped me lose weight and keep it off. It’s as simple as that. It can do the same for you.
Do you think you are too smart to be influenced by your environment?
I thought so too. I was wrong. This book has the research to prove it. A lover of all food, Wansink is on a mindless eating mission. His goal is to help you mindlessly eat less, which is a whole lot easier than always being mindful when you eat. My wish is for Weight Watchers everywhere to read this book.
The Basic Concepts of Mindless Eating
- Diets don’t work.
- Once your mind/body feels deprived you’re doomed. Your mind, body and the environment all fight back against deprivation.
- If you deny something you end up craving it more and more. This is a recipe for disaster. You end up wolfing down your favorite foods in no time.
- Food is a great pleasure in life. It’s not something you should compromise.
- Your environment has a lot more impact on what and how you eat than you realize.
- The easiest strategy for lasting weight loss is to re-engineer your environment and habits to eat a little less over time.
- The best diet is the one you do not know you are on.
- It is easier to change your environment than your mind.
- Cut back just a little so your mind and body don’t even miss it: 100-200 calories a day.
“There is only 1 thing strong enough to deflect tyranny of the moment….HABIT.”
Here’s a TED Talk about Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. I found the part where he talked about “the ripple” effect of small changes fascinating. It appears that little changes lead to success, that lead to more changes that ultimately have a significant impact. Yes, small changes do lead to big results. Simple but true…
Find this book, Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink, at Amazon or your local public library or independent bookstore.
Did you like this post about how Mindless Eating can help to change the way you look at food? You might also like…
- The Slow Down Diet by Marc David
- The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson
- Bethenney Frankel’s 10 Rules for Living Naturally Thin
- 10 Habits That Mess Up a Woman’s Diet
- 7 Best Healthy Weight Loss Books Ever
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!