A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon this really cool video on the Martha Stewart website that had an amazingly clever Halloween snack idea for Black Widow Spider Bites.
Three common ingredients are all that you need: avocado, sweet potato chips and black olives.
I cheated a bit and went with my favorite packaged guacamole, Wholly Guacamole. The taste will be similar, with a little less work.
For the chips, I used Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips that I found at Sprouts Market here in Phoenix. Any orange colored tortilla or sweet potato chip will work well.
And for the olives, I love the flavor of kalamata olives, so I substituted those in place of the black olives that Martha Stewart used in her version.
The Skinny on Halloween Black Widow Spider Bites
According to my calculations, each individual Black Widow Spider Bite has approximately 43 calories and 1* Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Enjoy this fun snack during Halloween or anytime you want an easy-to-make treat. And if you’re not into eating spiders, simply slice the whole olives and place on top of the guacamole!
Halloween Black Widow Spider Bites
- 16 Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
- 16 Kalamata Olives
- 1 package 8 ounces Wholly Guacamole
- Pick a flatter chip and add a dollop of guacamole (about 1 tablespoon)
- Slice one olive in half and place one half with the cut side down on the guacamole. Slice the other half into 8 pieces and then place 4 legs on either side of the body on the chip.
- I actually found it easier to cut about 6 slices for the legs (from 1/2 an olive), and then cut two of these slices in half and this still gave me 8 legs (of varying lengths) for each spider. I placed the shorter legs on either end of the body and the longer legs in the middle.
- Serve and enjoy.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
*PointsPlus for Halloween Black Widow Spider Bites calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Source: Martha Stewart. Be sure to check out the video where they also make an adult beverage which they ghoulishly named, the Bloody Fizz Cocktail!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!