The Real Food Cleansing Guide is a great practical guide to gentle real food detox diets.
It is written for people who are interested in cleansing but are not sure where to start, that will take you step by step through designing your own personal home detox plan.
It allows you to create a realistic detox plan that will fit into your lifestyle.
You don’t need fancy supplements or expensive shakes to cleanse your body. Real food is perfectly made to keep you healthy, energized and vibrant.
If you have ever asked, "What can I eat on a detox diet?" this guide has the answers!
I loved both the content and message of The Real Food Cleansing Guide. Specifically, that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all cleanse.
We are all unique with differing dietary needs and life circumstances. What you find in this book is a way to decide on and create the perfect cleanse for you, right now in your life. It offers many options and variations which allows you to create a tailor made plan.
You can reuse this book every time you want a natural way to detox your body that can be tailor made to fit your goals, preferences and season!
Who should consider a cleanse or detox?
Most people can benefit from a healthy gentle cleanse 2-4 times a year or more. The timing of your cleanse is personal and above all should be guided by a true desire to do it. Here are just a few reasons why a cleanse would be appropriate:
- You’ve recently experienced a stretch of high stress weeks or months
- You’re interested in jump starting a weight loss effort
- You are preparing for the transitioning of seasons
- You’re coming off a particularly indulgent holiday season
- Your diet has been heavy on the meat, dairy, sugar or processed foods
- You are experiencing loss of focus and concentration or having brain fog symptoms
- You’re ready to rebalance and get back on track with a healthy lifestyle
An overview of The Real Food Cleansing Guide
- Provides a step by step guide to creating your unique cleansing action plan
- Details 10 different effective and simple to follow food-based cleanses
- Emphasizes key cleansing foods for every season
- Includes sample menus and recipes
- Lists non-food cleansing supports to meet the whole-person cleansing needs
Why I'm Recommending the Real Food Cleansing Guide
I love that there are a range of detox options from most gentle to most cleansing. If you are new to detox diets and/or have limited time you can do a simple replacement cleanse, eliminating 1 or 2 foods, such as meat, dairy or sugar, for a set period of time. If you are more experienced and/or want a more extreme cleanse there is a raw food cleanse to meet your needs.
I also appreciate that there is a chapter that address the importance of non-food support during a cleanse and another that helps you set realistic expectations and plan for common pitfalls.
The recipes are simple and practical. I especially love the smoothies and Lisa's favorite dressing.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!