Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 70)
I used to love it when Mom made Chex Party Mix at Christmastime when I was growing up.
It was such a special treat.
With just a little more than two weeks to go until Christmas, I find myself indulging in a few more snacks and sweet treats than usual, which is fun.
It’s part of what the holidays are all about for me.
So, when I ran across a recipe for Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix in Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! I got excited and added Chex cereal and pretzels to my grocery list.
To keep things safe, I decided to make a half batch of this slow cooker Chex party mix, since I didn’t have a party planned and had a feeling that we would consume as much as I made.
Rod and I ate A LOT of warm-from-the-crockpot slow cooker chex party mix Friday night.
Then I managed to snap a quick photo before Brenda and Neal helped us finish it off Saturday evening with cocktails after a long day of house hunting.
I plan on making another batch of this yummy Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix to enjoy during the holidays. I love that you don’t have to turn on the oven, or hover over it so it doesn’t burn.
The ingredients for this Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix are flexible. Think of this more as a template, than an actual recipe, and mix and match ingredients and seasonings to your heart’s content.
- 4 cups Chex cereal, any combination (I used wheat chex and corn chex)
- 3 cups from any of the following: mini pretzels, snack crackers, goldfish, nuts, Cheerios, nuts, bagel chips, toasted corn (I used 1 cup pretzels, 1 cup Cheerios, ½ cup peanuts and ½ cup mixed nuts)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Place the chex cereal and other snack items in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder, stirring well.
- Drizzle over the dry mixture and toss everything until its well mixed.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Please Note: The points plus will vary a bit, depending on the mix of ingredients you use!
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked slow cooker chex party mix you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker chex party mix calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Here’s what I used to make this easy and delicious slow cooker chex party mix!