Here’s my weekly weigh in, a recap of what I’ve posted this week, recipes and articles on other websites and blogs that I’ve bookmarked, a brief assessment and reflection of the week, and my plan motivational quote for the upcoming week.
I find it helpful to pause, assess, and reflect and do a little planning each week.
It helps me keep everything in perspective, while checking to make sure I’m moving in the right direction.
On Simple Nourished Living This Week:
15 Savvy Supermarket Strategies for Weight Loss – The supermarket can be one of your best allies when trying to eat healthy and lose weight. It also presents some challenges. Here are some proven strategies to help you stay on track.
Individual “Banana Bread” Baked Oatmeal Cups – A great make-ahead recipe for personalized single-serving baked oatmeal muffin cups with 4 WW PointsPlus value, perfect when you’ve got a couple of over-ripe bananas you want to turn into something yummy.
My 5 Favorite Yoga DVDs for Beginners Over 40 – Yoga isn’t just for the young, athletic, and flexible and this great collection of gentle yoga DVDS, perfect for mature beginners proves it.
Skinny Curried Chicken Salad – Diced chicken, celery, scallions, apple, and raisins with a lightened-up curry mango chutney yogurt-mayonnaise dressing with just 5 PointsPlus is great make-ahead lunch or dinner dish that even my non curry loving family members gave 2 thumbs up.
What I Bookmarked This Week:
Weight Watchers friendly recipes and tips from other blogs and websites that I liked and found helpful and thought you would too:
“Bad” Foods You SHOULD Be Eating – Learn about some of the foods with “bad” reputations that you should consider eating in moderation. (Eating Well)
The Right Foods for Your Body – Get tips from Joy Bauer, RD, on how to prepare healthy, fast meals (Woman’s Day)
Lighter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies Recipe from Cooking Light (MyRecipes)
Hungry Girl Recipes from The Dr. Oz Show – a yummy collection of comfort foods including pizza loaded potato, carrot fries and baked ziti (Hungry Girl)
Skinny Mini Cinnamon Rolls – made quick and easy with refrigerated pizza dough that have just 2 PointsPlus (Skinny Kitchen)
Iced Green Tea Mojito Recipe – I’m not a huge lover of green tea, but love mojitos, so I want to give it a try. (Skinny Taste)
Sweet & Salty Olive Oil Granola Clusters – l’m a huge granola fan and can’t wait to try this one (PreventionRD)
The Good & Not So Good This Week:
- I successfully led my first traditional Weight Watchers meeting Monday night.
- I walked Francie every day, sometimes twice, except for Saturday, when I’m up and out early.
- I got in time on my yoga mat 5 times this week.
- I continued by wine/alcohol sabbatical until Tuesday night for a total of 8 days. One night I tried a version of a peach bellini mocktail that I had scene on Dr. Oz, which was yummy.
- I focusing right now on only eating when I’m seating as I tend to taste a little too much when I’m preparing food.
- I tracked 4/7 days. Need to make this a priority and try to do better next week.
My Expectations and Plans for the Coming Week:
- Continue to develop by Weight Watchers Leader/Receptionist skills. In addition to my regular schedule, I’m also subbing several meetings this week.
- Track my food and activity everyday.
- Walk Francie for 30 minutes at least 6 days this week and spend at least 20 minutes on my yoga mat at least 4 days.
- Try at least 2 new healthy recipes.
- Blog at least 4 days.
- Send out my monthly Simple Nourished Living Newsletter.
Quote For the Week:
“It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined” – Henry James