I was feeling a little tropical today, so I created this really tasty pineapple coconut mango smoothie recipe.
There was a fresh cut pineapple in the refrigerator and I had a coconut sitting on the counter, so why not?
I had never opened a coconut myself before, but I found this really helpful video on YouTube.
And I took a sip of the fresh coconut milk/water right after I opened it up…
It was really refreshing!
How To Open A Coconut: Video Tutorial
Be sure to watch the whole video as it contains helpful info on cracking open a coconut and tips for making your own coconut milk:
Here are some interesting things I've learned recently about coconut water (the clear liquid found inside fresh coconuts):
- Coconut water has been heavily promoted recently - mainly by fitness companies - due to its high levels of potassium, minerals and antioxidants.
- It's also considered to be a popular health drink because it is low in calories, fat and carbohydrates.
Pineapple Coconut Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cut coconut meat
- 2 cups fresh pineapple peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 mango peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups ice
- Add coconut water and fresh cut coconut meat to high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend on High until well blended and smooth.
- Add pineapple and blend again until smooth.
- Add mango and ice and blend to desired consistency.
*PointsPlus® for pineapple coconut mango smoothie calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Pineapple Coconut Mango Smoothie Tips
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
I really like how easy it is to make smoothies and alter them, depending on the ingredients you have on hand.
For example, if you didn't have access to fresh pineapple like I used in this recipe, you could experiment with some chilled pineapple juice or even canned or frozen pineapple chunks.
And, if you can't get your hands on a fresh mango, you could use frozen mango chunks instead.
I made this smoothie with my Vitamix. It's a highly powerful machine and blends tougher ingredients - like fresh coconut, pineapple and ice - quickly and efficiently.
Today's Food for Thought…
"Don't believe everything you hear—even in your own mind."
~ Daniel G. Amen, MD
Do you have a favorite quote? I'd love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!