WW Recipe of the Day: Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins
I totally overshot the runway with eggnog this holiday season, purchasing 2 quarts of it right before Christmas.
I love eggnog, but didn't really have anyone else to help me drink it.
Now I have a lot leftover and am looking for creative ways to use it.
So, I decided to whip up a batch of eggnog oatmeal muffins for breakfast last week.
Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Notes
I used my favorite old-fashioned oatmeal muffins recipe as a starting point and made adjustments from there, substituting a combination of eggnog and milk for the buttermilk.
Sprinkling them with a little cinnamon sugar gave them a sweet crunchy topping.
These eggnog oatmeal muffins were a hit around here. They're definitely best served warm, so be sure to re-warm any you have leftover.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Holiday Muffins?
According to my calculations, each eggnog muffin has about 180 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you've made this Oatmeal Muffins with Eggnog, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1-¼ cups white wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light eggnog
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Position an oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Coat the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggnog, milk, oil, egg and rum extract until well blended.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter among the 12 muffin cups, filling them no more than ¾ full.
- To make the topping, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a little bowl and sprinkle evenly on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Then carefully remove the muffins from the tin. Enjoy while still warm.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Recipes with Eggnog for Weight Watchers
- Spiced Eggnog Muffins (Eat Yourself Skinny)
- Skinny Eggnog (SkinnyTaste)
- Eggnog Bread Pudding (Weight Watchers Canada)
Search for More WW Friendly Muffin Recipes
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply