WW Recipe of the Day: Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins
(180 calories | 7 7 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I totally overshot the runway with eggnog this holiday season, purchasing 2 quarts of it right before Christmas.
I love eggnog, but didn't really have anyone else to help me drink it.
Now I have a lot leftover and am looking for creative ways to use it.
So, I decided to whip up a batch of eggnog oatmeal muffins for breakfast last week.
The Skinny on Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins
I used my favorite old-fashioned oatmeal muffins recipe as a starting point and made adjustments from there, substituting a combination of eggnog and milk for the buttermilk.
Sprinkling them with a little cinnamon sugar gave them a sweet crunchy topping.
These eggnog oatmeal muffins were a hit around here. They're definitely best served warm, so be sure to re-warm any you have leftover.
According to my calculations, each eggnog muffin has about 180 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this Oatmeal Muffins with Eggnog, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Eggnog Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1-¼ cups white wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light eggnog
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Position an oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Coat the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggnog, milk, oil, egg and rum extract until well blended.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter among the 12 muffin cups, filling them no more than ¾ full.
- To make the topping, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a little bowl and sprinkle evenly on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Then carefully remove the muffins from the tin. Enjoy while still warm.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Recipes with Eggnog for Weight Watchers
- Spiced Eggnog Muffins (Eat Yourself Skinny)
- Skinny Eggnog (SkinnyTaste)
- Eggnog Bread Pudding (Weight Watchers Canada)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!