I first learned about these Luna Fiber bars from Hungry Girl a while back and was immediately intrigued. She made them sound so good. But I have to admit, I had my doubts. I’ve never really met a bar I was all that crazy about or seemed worth the PointsPlus value.
I finally tracked them down at Sprouts and am so glad I did. Available in three flavors – Chocolate Raspberry, Vanilla Blueberry, and Peanut Butter Strawberry – I bought one of each. Each Luna Fiber bar has 110 – 120 calories, 3 – 4g fat, 24 – 25g carbs, 7g fiber, 11g sugars, 1 – 2g protein and a Weight Watchers PointsPlus value of 3.
After trying them all, I can’t decide on a favorite. Marketed as soft-baked fruit filled bars, they’re all very tasty and satisfying, similar to a Nutrigrain bar, but way better, and with 7 grams of fiber. Talk about a pleasant surprise!
The first one I tried was the Peanut Butter Strawberry. It was soft and chewy and reminded me of a cross between a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and peanut butter cookie. The Vanilla Blueberry and Chocolate Raspberry (an all-time favorite flavor combination of mine) are equally satisfying.
Large enough to be satisfying with a reasonable 3 PointsPlus, I now keep a Luna Fiber bar packed in my purse, along with a little tin of nuts, for emergency snack situations. Add a cup of yogurt or hard boiled egg and piece of fruit and you’ve got a perfect grab-and-go breakfast.
Here’s what the Luna Website has to say:
Out with boring, in with lip smacking goodness! Fiber just got a serious taste-lift in the form of LUNA Fiber; the fiber bar you’ll actually crave. 70% organic and available in three fruit-filled shades of delicious, LUNA Fiber is the tasty, wholesome and convenient way to curb hunger, fast.
- 7 grams of hunger-curbing fiber
- Contains the ‘Core 4′ combo of calcium, iron, folic acid, and vitamin D
- Only 120 calories
I’d have to agree wholeheartedly. With no high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, or trans-fats, they’re a tasty healthy treat you can feel good about.
- How Many Weight Watchers PointsPlus in a Bruegger’s Bagel?
- Pack a Snack for Weight Loss Success
- Are Weight Watchers Snack Cakes Worth 2 PointsPlus?
- Healthy Cooking Picks the Best Bread Thins, Pockets and Wraps
- What’s the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value of a McDonald’s Chocolate Chip Frappe?
- 15 Savvy Supermarket Strategies for Weight Loss
- Does Chili’s Have Weight Watchers Friendly Options?