I didn’t grow up eating Mexican food so was introduced to guacamole relatively late in life. Now, I seem to be trying to make up for lost time. I can’t get enough of this luscious mashed avocado dip.
Did you know that guacamole dates back to the Aztecs, where it was revered for its high vitamin and fat content. How did they know?
While already prepared guacamole is pretty good in a pinch. Homemade is so much better. Here’s an easy, healthy and delicious Weight Watchers Homemade Guacamole I think you’re going to love.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Homemade Guacamole
You’ll want to use Hass avocados, the dark greenish brown kind with the rough, bumpy skin to make your guacamole. The key to delicious guacamole is using perfectly ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by gently pressing the avocado with your thumb. If there is no give, the avocado is not ripe enough. If there is a little give, the avocado is ripe and perfect for your guacamole. If there is a lot of give and it squished beneath your thumb, the avocado is too ripe and probably turning brown inside, so leave it where you found it.
According to the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook (2015) each serving has 58 calories and 2 PointsPlus. Enjoy!
- 2 larger ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Scoop the avocado pulp into a small bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt and pepper. Stir gently until well mixed. Serve at once or press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent it from browning. Serve within 2 hours.
Source Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, Fifth Edition: Over 500 Delicious Recipes for the Healthy Cook’s Kitchen
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers guacamole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Super Easy Guacamole Recipe
You might call this cheater’s guacamole, but it’s wonderful in a pinch, especially if you have fresh salsa in the fridge. Mash together the flesh of 1 ripe avocado and 1/4 cup well drained salsa until well combined and still a little chunky.
You might also like…
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!