Are just beginning yoga?
Do you have injuries or health concerns?
Are you a bit older than the typical yoga student?
Are you intimidated by yoga studios?
Do you prefer to work out at home or privately?
Do you want to try yoga in a private personalized way?
I may be the private yoga instructor you are looking for…
I offer private yoga in Phoenix and in Scottsdale, Arizona. If you live in Phoenix or Scottsdale and would prefer personal yoga instruction (either one-on-one or in a small group) in the privacy of your home or office, I may be the yoga teacher for you.
That’s why I specialize in providing personal yoga instruction in the privacy and comfort of your home or office.
With private yoga in Scottsdale or Phoenix, I come to you at a time that is convenient so there is no need to rush off to an overcrowded, over-competitive yoga class. It’s a perfect way to study, especially when beginning yoga.
What Style of Yoga do You Teach?
I teach a gentle, realistic style of yoga that truly is yoga for anybody and everybody, regardless of age, size or current fitness level. Your practice can be as gentle or vigorous as you desire. You don’t have to be able to turn yourself into a pretzel to benefit from yoga.
In fact, I began doing yoga to help heal lower back pain and severe sciatica from herniated disks. It worked and I have been an avid student and teacher of yoga ever since. I have taught yoga to a wide range of individuals with health concerns including back pain, neck pain, arthritis, lack of balance and lack of flexibility.
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
A Yoga Practice can help you:
- Lose weight slowly and peacefully
- Reduce stress
- Increase strength, balance, and flexibility
- Improve mental focus
- Increase energy
- Regulate hormones and balance blood sugar
- Promote restful sleep
- Create a sense of calm, well-being, and peace of mind
What My Clients Have to Say About Private Yoga with Me…
- My husband, a golfer, was interested in trying yoga but skeptical. I had practiced yoga for many years but a long time ago. And–we are not as young as we used to be! So we were looking for a private yoga instructor who could accommodate our very different backgrounds and attitudes and, as well, the limitations of aging. Martha understood all of this immediately, integrated these disparate issues seamlessly, and created a yoga class that was a perfect blend of challenging and relaxing. Martha is skilled, sensitive and adaptable: a superlative yoga instructor. ~ Laura
- Thank you for helping me improve my strength, flexibility and balance. Since beginning yoga with you I am much steadier on my feet and haven’t fallen in months. ~ Barbara
- I thought I was too old and out of shape for yoga. Martha’s quiet, easy manner and gentle approach convinced me otherwise. My energy and flexibility is better and my joint pain has decreased since I began practicing yoga. ~ Judy
- I had a severe work injury 23 years ago which caused muscle and nerve damage. This lead to chronic pain, many doctor visits and various treatments. Since I started practicing yoga with Martha last January I have increased energy and mobility and much less pain. Martha is an excellent teacher who took the time to develop a program specific to my needs. I was a first time yoga student and now have a routine I can practice on my own. I look forward to continue working with Martha and am grateful for all she has done for me. ~ John S
What is the Cost of Private Yoga?
Private yoga sessions for one to four people in the comfort and privacy of your home or office begin at $75 per hour.
To schedule your private yoga session in Phoenix or Scottsdale send me an email (marthamckinnon[at]gmail[dot]com) or contact me here.