Substitutions and Variations:
- no asparagus: any single or vegetable combination would work – broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans, etc.
- no parmesan: substitute any flavorful meltable cheese – asiago, cheddar, pepper jack, feta, etc.
- no lemon: skip it or substitute a drizzle of your favorite vinegar - red wine, balsamic, etc.
- more flavor: add a clove or two of chopped fresh garlic before roasting. If you don't have fresh garlic, granulated garlic or garlic salt will work well.
- more spice: sprinkle with a pinch or two of crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, ground chili pepper, etc.
- more veg: add additional vegetables when roasting your asparagus. Three of my favorites are sliced red bell pepper, mushrooms and halved cherry tomatoes
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *2
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *2
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 /4th recipe)
Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.1g
Total Carbohydrates 6.8g
Dietary Fiber 3.6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.