WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
(148 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
I’m so excited that it’s pumpkin season again. I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever to bake up a batch of these baked pumpkin doughnuts.
I’ve been a doughnut lover for as long as I can remember. They were a Sunday morning tradition back when I was a kid.
But, I don’t love all doughnuts equally. For me it’s all about cake doughnuts, not the yeast raised kind.
So, in my quest to eat better I decided it was worth investing in a special donut pan that would allow me to make healthier baked doughnuts with less fat and fewer calories at home.
I think it was the right call.
Now I’ve become a fan of my own BAKED cake doughnuts, which are as easy to make as muffins.
I just stir together a quick batter, pour it into my doughnut pan, pop it in the oven, and 15 minutes later: doughnuts!
These healthy baked pumpkin doughnuts are my current favorite.
I’ve made a tasty apple version, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin too.
Next, I want to work on a chocolate version.
Skinny on Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
I love these healthy baked pumpkin doughnuts and have been making them for several years.
According to my calculations, each donut has 148 calories and *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these healthy baked pumpkin donuts, be sure to check out my other lightened up Weight Watchers friendly recipes including WW 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins & Cookies, Crock-Pot Crumb Cake, Low-Fat Impossible Pumpkin Pie, Low-Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones, Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Puree and Enlightened Pumpkin Streusel Coffeecake
If you’ve made this Baked Low Fat Pumpkin Donuts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (I used white whole-wheat flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Using a spoon mix until just combined. Do not overmix or the doughnuts will be tough.
- Use a pastry bag or large plastic bag to pipe the mixture into the 6-count donut pan. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter into the molds, but the finished doughnuts may not appear as even.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed gently around the edges.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let the doughnuts cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of the molds to release the doughnuts. Invert the donuts on the rack and cool completely, or enjoy warm.
- The doughnuts can be eaten as is, sprinkled with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar, or decorated with your favorite icing and chopped nuts and/or candy sprinkles.
Substitute applesauce for pumpkin to make healthy baked applesauce doughnuts. Serving size: 1 pumpkin donut Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *5
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Weelicious shows how to make your own fresh baked pumpkin donuts without a special donut pan :
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies Lightened Up (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Pie Cannoli Cones (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Angle Food Cake (SnackGirl)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Dip (SkinnyTaste)
See how easy it is to make your own healthy pumpkin spice donuts at home:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!