Weight Watchers Friendly Lunch Idea: Trader Joe's Chicken Flatbread
(296 calories | 5 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
It's time for another installment of Weight Watchers 20 Minute Lunches.
We began this series with a super simple and tasty Trader Joe's Easy Asian Chicken Salad that was a big hit with our Facebook fans.
Followed this up with a simply decadent 4-Ingredient Microwave Mug Apple Pancake Puff and then created this warm and comforting Microwave Mug Pesto Chicken with Couscous/Cauliflower.
Today, we're sharing another simple lunch idea that we're calling Trader Joe's Chicken Flatbread because you can pick up all the ingredients at your local Trader Joe's.
And if you don't live near Trader Joe's (sorry about that), but you should be able to find these common ingredients in your local grocery store.
The Skinny on Trader Joe's Chicken Flatbread
All you need is a flatbread/lavash wrap (we used the whole wheat kind), bruschetta sauce (a simple mixture of chopped tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and basil), cooked chicken (leftovers or rotisserie chicken works well), fresh arugula, and some shaved Parmesan cheese.
You could easily substitute your favorite pesto for the bruschetta sauce if you prefer, just be sure to adjust your points as necessary.
The idea for this flatbread/pizza came to me after a recent trip to one of our local pizzeria's here in Phoenix called Sauce. The food is always really good, fresh and made to order, but sometimes you want (or need) to save a little cash and not eat out so often.
Since I love pizza and I'm always looking for ways to keep things simple, I decided to try and create an easy pizza on flatbread that you can quickly pull together and heat up with nothing more than a toaster oven!
Gotta love that 🙂
And the best part is that you can adapt this to your own tastes very easily. We've also tried this with basil pesto and I think it would be really good with sundried tomato pesto as well.
I've already had the idea to make a fig, goat cheese and prosciutto flatbread - just need to pick up the ingredients.
So many ideas… so little time!
If flatbread or pizza isn't your thing, you could also very easily turn this recipe into a sandwich or wrap. Just heat it up enough so that you can fold it (or roll it), but not to the point of it crisping up like we did for the pizza/flatbread version.
Like I said, so many options...
According to my calculations each ½ flatbread with chicken, bruschetta sauce, arugula and Parmesan has about 296 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Easy Flatbread and Pizza Recipes You Might Like:
- Chicken Flatbread with Salsa Verde, White Beans and Corn (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Spinach and Artichoke Flatbreads (EmilyBites)
- English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza (DashingDish)
- Margherita Flatbread Pizza (SlenderKitchen)
- Crock Pot Vegetable Pizza (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Guilt-Free Chicken Flatbread Makeover (HungryGirl)
- 10-Minute Hummus and Greek Salad (Naan) Flatbread (Cookin'Canuck)
If you've made this Easy Chicken Arugula Flatbread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Trader Joe's Chicken Flatbread Recipe
- ½ whole wheat lavash
- 3 ounces cooked lean chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons bruschetta sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups arugula, rinsed and drained
- Preheat your toaster oven to 400F degrees.
- Heat lavash for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together cooked chicken and bruschetta sauce.
- Remove lavash from oven and top with chicken and bruschetta mixture. Spread evenly.
- Place lavash back in oven for 2 more minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula and Parmesan cheese.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's an easy way to make Weight Watchers Friendly Veggie Ranch Lavash/Flatbread Pizza:
More Yummy, Quick & Easy Weight Watchers Lunch Ideas:
- 22 Healthy Lunch Ideas for Weight Loss
- Lightened Up French Bread Pizza
- Skinny Hot + Cold Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl
- Weight Watchers BLT
- Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Cottage Cheese Baked Potato with Salsa
- Chick Pea and Feta Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!