This easy, healthy, protein-packed soup is ready in just about 30 minutes. Loaded with fresh vegetables and whole wheat pasta in a classical chicken broth, it's a complete meal-in-a-bowl the whole family will love.
And the perfect way to use up any leftover rotisserie chicken, or cooked chicken that's just sitting around in your fridge begging to be use.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has 200 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Pasta Soup
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a soup pot.
Step 3: Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion turns translucent.
Step 4: Add the carrots, celery, garlic and oregano and cook for 2 minutes.
Step 5: Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Add the chicken and spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
Step 8: Divide evenly among 4 bowls and serve with grated Parmesan, if using.
Recipe Notes, Substitutions & Variations
Try upping the Italian flair of this hearty soup by adding 2 tablespoons of sweet vermouth between the onions and carrots. The alcohol will burn off while cooking and you'll be left with a slightly richer, sweeter soup.
This is a great recipe for using up some of that leftover rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator.
If you only have uncooked chicken breasts, or tenders, thinly slice and add to the soup with the spinach—just as you would with pre-cooked chicken. You may need to adjust the cooking time for a minute or two to ensure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
To make this soup gluten-free, simply substitute your favorite gluten-free pasta.
What Should I Serve with this Low Fat Chicken Soup?
- Serve with shaved or grated Parmesan on the side—add as much, or little, as you choose. (Be sure to adjust your Points accordingly).
- Enjoy with your favorite mixed greens salad on the side.
Ways to Use Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, be sure to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The pasta will likely absorb much of the broth when stored. While reheating, simply add some water or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth to get the desired consistency.
If you've made this protein packed Low-Fat Chicken Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Tuscan Chicken Bowtie Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 1-¾ cups cooked lean chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic and oregano and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Divide evenly among 4 bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if using.
Recipe source: If any Eat What You Love Quick & Easy by Marlene Koch
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Soup Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta Soup
- Microwave Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Easy Broken Wonton Soup
- Italian Zucchini Basil Pesto Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!