Weekday mornings often feel rushed, especially when it comes to breakfast.
Who has time to make a brunch-worthy egg dish like a frittata?
You do, that's who!
This streamlined mug frittata serves one and clocks in well under 5 minutes from start to finish—giving you the opportunity to nourish body, mind and spirit before stepping out the door for the day.
Enjoy this frittata straight from the mug or serve it atop a toasted english muffin or slice of healthy whole grain toast.
Alternatively, cut it in half and roll it up into a tortilla or tuck it inside a pita half.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Frittata?
According to my calculations, each mug frittata has about 177 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Prep ahead: Whisk the mixture together in the mug. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
No cottage cheese? substitute an equal amount of nonfat or reduced fat ricotta
No green onions? substitute chives or 1 teaspoon Penzeys Sunny Paris Seasoning
Basil Pesto Frittata: omit the green onions and Parmesan. Stir 1 tablespoon basil pesto into the eggs.
Greek Frittata: Add ¼ teaspoon dried oregano with the eggs. Replace the parmesan with 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese and add 2 tablespoon chopped drained roasted peppers with the chopped green onions.
Ham & Cheese Frittata: Add 1 tablespoons chopped cooked ham
If you like this skinny 4-ingredient mug frittata, check out my other Weight Watchers friendly egg recipes including: Ina Garten's Egg Salad Tartines Made Lighter, WW Individual Ham, Cheese, Veggie Frittatas, Skinny Slow Cooker Spaghetti Frittata, Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Simple Deviled Eggs, WW Greek Frittata with Spinach & Feta and Make-Ahead Western Omelet Muffins
If you've made this Single-Serve Microwave Frittata, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny 4-Ingredient Microwave Mug Frittata Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or reduced fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a 12- to 16-ounce mug, whisk the eggs until well blended.
- Whisk in the green onions, cottage cheese and Parmesan until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 30 more seconds and then stir again.
- Microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds, or until the eggs are just set.
- No cottage cheese? substitute an equal amount of nonfat or reduced fat ricotta
- No green onions? substitute chives or 1 teaspoon Penzeys Sunny Paris Seasoning
- Basil Pesto Frittata: omit the green onions and Parmesan. Stir 1 tablespoon basil pesto into the eggs.
- Greek Frittata: Add ¼ teaspoon dried oregano with the eggs. Replace the parmesan with 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese and add 2 tablespoon chopped drained roasted peppers with the chopped green onions.
Source: 250 Best Meals in a Mug: Delicious Homemade Microwave Meals in Minutes by Camilla Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make your own microwave mug frittata:
More WW Friendly Mug Recipes:
- Best Egg Mug Recipes (Hungry Girl)
- BLT Egg Mug (Drizzle Me Skinny)
- Denver Omelette in a Mug (Hungry Girl)
- Microwave Mug Apple Pancake Puff (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Egg Mug (Slender Kitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!