Looking for a quick and easy microwave dessert for one that can be whipped up in minutes (about 3 minutes from start to finish) with just a handful of common pantry ingredients?
Look no further than this yummy Raspberry Jell-o Microwave Mug Cake!
Rather than dealing with the constant temptation of baking a whole cake, you can pull together this simple dessert in minutes—which is perfect if you have a small family or live alone.
And if you do have a larger family (and a bunch of microwave-safe mugs), you don't have to fight over which flavor cake to bake. You can pull out the ingredients and let everyone make their own personalized dessert by using their favorite Jell-o flavor. Plus you won't be left with a ton of leftovers. A win-win!!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Jello Mug Cake?
According to my calculations, each mug cake has about 222 calories.
How to Make Jell-o Microwave Mug Cake, Step by Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Whisk the flour, baking powder, sweetener and Jell-o gelatin together in a large microwave-safe mug.
Step 3: Stir in the milk and oil until well mixed and all dry ingredients have been absorbed.
Step 4: Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. If cake is not done, continue cooking in 15-second increments until done. Cake will be done when it is still slightly sticky on top and springs back when gently pressed.
Step 5: Allow to cool slightly and enjoy right from the mug or loosen the edges with a sharp knife and invert over a small plate to release the cake from the mug.
Step 6: Enjoy plain or with additional toppings: fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, etc.), light whipped topping, sprinkled, etc.
Not a fan of raspberry? Substitute the raspberry Jell-o gelatin with your favorite flavor: (orange, lemon, lime, strawberry, cherry, pineapple, etc.) would all be delicious.
I haven't tried this yet with sugar-free Jell-o, but hope to make it soon and see how it turns out. If you've made this recipe with sugar-free Jell-o, be sure to leave a comment below letting us know how it turned out!
This simple WW friendly dessert can also be prepared in a microwave-safe bowl.
Give this yummy raspberry cake for one a double-dose of raspberry flavor by topping it with fresh raspberries. Or if you're a true raspberry lover, maybe a triple-dose with fresh raspberries and a light drizzle of this simple raspberry sauce.
If you've made this Microwave Mug Jello Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Microwave Mug Jell-o Cake
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon zero calorie sweetener (Swerve, Lankato Monkfruit, Splenda, Equal, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon favorite Jell-o gelatin powder (raspberry, orange, cherry, strawberry, lemon, lime, pineapple, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sweetener and Jell-o gelatin together in a large microwave-safe mug.
- Stir in the milk and oil until well mixed and all dry ingredients have been absorbed.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. If cake is not done, continue cooking in 15 seconds increments until done. Cake will be done when it is still slightly sticky on top and springs back when gently pressed.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy right from the mug or loosen the edges with a sharp knife and invert over a small plate to release the cake from the mug.
- Enjoy plain or with additional toppings: fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, etc.), light whipped topping, sprinkles, etc.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Single Serving Microwave Mug Cake, you might also like
- Easy 2-Ingredient Orange Angel Food Mug Cake
- WW Friendly Pineapple Mug Cake
- Simple 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake
- From Scratch Gluten-Free Microwave Mug Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!