WW Recipe of the Day: Light & Healthy Instant Pot Taco Casserole
A nice addition to any 'Taco Tuesday,' this flavorful one-pot taco casserole is ready in about 30 minutes. Sauté the ground meat and onion right in the Instant Pot (affiliate link) before locking the lid and finishing off the cooking.
While it's coming up to pressure (and during the 10 minutes of natural pressure release after cooking), there's plenty of time to get all your favorite toppings ready. It's one of my favorite Instant Pot (affiliate link) Mexican Recipes to date.
Serve this delicious casserole family-style and let everyone top it their own way.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Easy Taco Casserole for the Instant Pot?
According to my calculations, each serving has 247 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Casserole Step by Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Press Sauté on Instant Pot and add the olive oil, ground meat, onion and salt to the pot. Using a wooden spoon (affiliate link), break up the meat and occasionally stir until the meat is cooked through and the onions are translucent and tender, about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Stir in the garlic, chili powder and cumin and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Press Cancel to stop cooking.
Step 4: Pour in the water and salsa and mix well.
Step 5: Sprinkle the bulgur over the meat, followed by the bell pepper and black beans—being careful not to stir.
Step 6: Add the lid and make sure the steam release valve is set to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook and cook on HIGH pressure for 1 minute.
Step 7: After cooking is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then move the steam release valve to Venting and release remaining pressure.
Step 8: Remove the lid and stir the pot well, thoroughly combining all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Step 9: Divide mixture evenly between six bowls (about 1 generous cup each), or transfer casserole to a serving platter. Enjoy with any additional toppings as desired.
Step 10: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What to Serve with this Easy Healthy Instant Pot Taco Casserole?
- Enjoy in a bowl with your favorite toppings: shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado slices, lite sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, black olives, crushed tortilla chips, salsa, etc.
- Serve with low carb tortillas or crunchy taco shells.
- Make a taco salad by serving over a bed of mixed greens.
- Make cool and crunchy low carb tacos by serving with jicama wraps....
Turn Leftover Instant Pot Taco Casserole into Stuffed Peppers
Of course this casserole is delicious warmed up on it's own. Or you could repurpose the mixture using it for Taco Casserole Stuffed Peppers by cutting red bell peppers in half and removing any seeds. Scoop taco casserole into pepper halves and top with shredded cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted.
This would also be yummy using zucchini halves instead of bell peppers.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Instant Turkey Taco Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Instant Pot Taco Casserole
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1-½ cups salsa
- ¾ cup bulgur (dry)
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- Avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, low-fat shredded cheese, lite sour cream or Greek yogurt, guacamole, salsa, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
- Press Saute on Instant Pot and add the olive oil, ground meat, onion and salt to the pot. Using a wooden spoon, break up the meat and occasionally stir until meat is cooked through and onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Press Cancel to stop cooking.
- Pour in the water and salsa and mix well.
- Sprinkle the bulgur over the meat, followed by the bell pepper and black beans - being careful not to stir.
- Add the lid and make sure the steam release valve is set to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook and cook on HIGH pressure for 1 minute.
- After cooking is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then move the steam release valve to Venting and release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir the pot well, thoroughly combining all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Divide mixture evenly between bowls (about 1 generous cup each), or transfer casserole to a serving platter. Enjoy with any additional toppings as desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook (affiliate link) by Megan Gilmore
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Instant Pot Turkey Taco Casserole, you might also like:
- Impossible Bisquick Turkey Taco Pie
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Skillet
- Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Easy Pork Chile Verde for the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply