Low Carb Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad for Two
(160 calories | 3 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
My favorite kind of busy day recipes tend to fall into one of two categories: slow cook recipes and no-cook recipes. Obviously, this skinny crunchy tuna salad fits perfectly into the latter…
There are lots of different directions you can go with tuna salad and I like just about all of them.
I’m especially fond of tuna salads with a lot of texture and crunch.
Up to now, my go-to ingredients for adding crunchiness to tuna salad have been celery, water chestnuts and green apples.
Skinny on Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad for Two
Fresh and crisp, this healthy crunchy tuna salad is more cabbage than tuna, perfect when you’re craving a light but satisfying lunch. I added dried cranberries for a dash of color and sweet chewiness and a tiny bit of dijon mustard for tang. (Lemon juice would work well too.)
Serve atop whole grain toast, stuffed into a pita, rolled into a wrap, spread on Triscuits, or spooned into little phyllo shells.
I think this would work well with leftover cooked chicken or holiday turkey too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Tuna Salad?
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving has 160 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy this skinny tuna salad, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries, Chicken Salad with Chutney and Curry, Easy Asian Chicken Salad, WW Easy Egg Salad, Healthy Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries and No-Cook Spicy Shrimp Rolls
If you’ve made this Crunchy Low Fat Tuna Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) water packed tuna, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped green or red cabbage (I ran my knife through bagged cole slaw mix to chop it up more finely)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives or green onion
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sugar dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, break up the tuna with a fork and mix thoroughly with the cabbage.
- Stir in the chives, cranberries, mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
Source: Slender Kitchen
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how easy it is to make your own healthy tuna salad with avocado at home:
More Easy Healthy Recipe for Tuna Salad
- Mayo-Less Tuna Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Tangy Vegetable Tuna Salad (HungryGirl)
- Lemony Chickpea & Tuna Salad (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Mayo-Less Avocado & Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- Tomato Tuna Melts (SkinnyTaste)
- Fruity Tuna Salad (HungryGirl)
- Easy Tuna Egg Salad (SkinnyKitchen)
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes (LaaLoosh)
- Skinny Buffalo Ranch Tuna Salad (SkinnyKitchen)
This video demonstrates how to make healthy tuna pasta salad:
Best of the Best: Top WW Recipes with SmartPoints – 2016
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!