Here's a few great recipes for healthy breakfast egg sandwiches. They're super easy. And deliciously WW Friendly.
I feel satisfied much longer when I begin the day with protein, especially eggs. There are lots of studies to back this up.
Eating lean protein is a wonderful way to slim down and lose weight.
A study in Saint Louis found that eating eggs for breakfast could decrease your calorie intake for the remainder of the day!
Remember when eggs were considered unhealthy because of their high cholesterol count and we were told it was better to eat a bagel or pancakes? Well, those days are long gone because it’s not true. I'm living proof.
Back in the late 1980s and 1990s I often chose bagels or toast and cereal for breakfast and avoided eggs like the plague. I also had a real hard time with my weight. All those refined carbs and starches left me hungry, fat, cranky and constantly reaching for more food.
It turns out that eggs are low in calories and fat and rich in B vitamins, vitamins E and A, and choline. And their high cholesterol count isn’t as big a problem as once believed.
Doctors now know that dietary cholesterol doesn't influence your blood cholesterol nearly as much as saturated and trans fats do. Since an egg has just 5 grams of fat, one whole egg a day can fit easily into a healthy low-fat diet.
These healthy breakfast egg sandwiches are one of my favorite quick and easy breakfasts. To make it vegetarian, skip the bacon and add a slice of low fat cheese instead. Or for another point add the slice of cheese.
Healthy Breakfast Egg Sandwiches Recipe - 3 Freestyle SmartPoints
- 1 egg, cooked how you like it (0SP)
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, warmed in the microwave or a pan (1SP)
- 1 slice whole grain bread, toasted (2SP)
Top your slice of toast with Canadian bacon and egg and enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
More Healthy Breakfast Egg Sandwich Ideas
- 2 scrambled eggs atop a piece of toast - 2 Freestyle SmartPoints
- A poached egg atop a piece of bread with drizzle of olive oil and sauteed tomatoes - 3 Freestyle SmartPoints
- Open-faced egg salad sandwich with 1 slice crispy turkey bacon - 4 Freestyle SmartPoints
- 2 scrambled eggs, salsa, and a light sprinkle or reduced fat cheese rolled in a whole grain tortilla - 3 Freestyle SmartPoints
- Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines (Open Face Sandwiches)
If you liked healthy breakfast sandwiches:
- Easy Egg Salad - A simple egg salad with 4 (green), 1 (blue, purple) myWW SmartPoints
- How to Hard Boil An Egg - for perfect results every time
- 12 Ways to Eat Cottage Cheese - another healthy high protein way to start the day
- WW Greek Frittata with Feta and Spinach - 4 (green), 2 (blue, purple) myWW SmartPoints
- Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Frittata - 4 (green), 1 (blue, purple) myWW SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!