Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Campbell’s Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole Made Lighter
(392 calories | 8 5 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you have a family and are on Weight Watchers it’s important to find easy, healthy recipes that work for the entire family.
Image Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Not just important. Absolutely necessary.
Who has the time and energy to cook multiple meals?
Not me! So I try to find recipes that will work for everyone, Weight Watchers and non Weight Watchers alike.
I like to think of these dishes as Weight Watchers Family Meals .
One good strategy is to take your family’s favorite recipes and lighten them up. This chicken noodle casserole recipe is a great example.
You’ll appreciate the simplicity of the recipe which can be assembled in minutes, provided you have cooked chicken on hand, which I often do because of my love for rotisserie chicken.
I made my lighter, healthier WW friendly version for dinner last night and it was easy, flavorful and a huge hit with my creamy, casserole loving husband.
Served with a big green salad, it made for one of my favorite Weight Watchers family meals to date.
This brief video shows another way to make Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole at home:
The Skinny on Campbell’s Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole Made Lighter:
Changes I made to this recipe to make it more Weight Watchers friendly:
- Substituted 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom
- Substituted 1-1/2 cups whole grain no-yolk egg noodles for the noodles
- Used fat free milk instead of 2%
- Increased the mixed vegetables to 2-1/2 cups
- Used reduced-fat cheddar cheese
How Many Calories & WW Points in this Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole Made Lighter?
According to my calculations, each serving (1/4th recipe) with these suggested changes has 392 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) Campbell's Condensed 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas)
- 2 cups cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1-1/2 cups medium no-yolk egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- Here's a link to the original Campbell's recipe…Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole (Campbells Kitchen)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes for You:
- Easy 5-Ingredient Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Favorite Easy Delicious Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken for Weight Watchers
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies Made light & Easy
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Rice & Broccoli
- Mom’s Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!