I love lasagna. It’s a family favorite and longtime Christmas Day Tradition dating back to when I was a kid. But I have never really figured out how to make anything less than a huge pan of it, which is where these yummy Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls Come it. They’re a great lighter, healthier portion-controlled alternative when you have a hankering for lasagna.
Originally posted 10/12; Updated 8/15
Skinny on Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls
I adapted this Weight Watchers recipe from the WW I Love leftovers cookbook.
Ground beef, chopped mushrooms, garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese and basil are combined into a tasty stuffing that is spread on cooked lasagna noodles that are then rolled up like pinwheels, placed in a baking dish, topped with jarred marinara sauce and baked until hot and bubbly.
Adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. I sometimes use ground turkey or Italian turkey sausage instead of beef and cottage cheese in place of ricotta. Chopped zucchini would be a good addition too. Each serving has 253 calories and *6 Points Plus. Enjoy!
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (15 - 16 ounces) fat-free marinara sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse the noodles and drain them well again. (I used the Barefoot Contessa method: soaking them in really hot water until tender enough to roll, about 30 minutes.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, breaking up the beef and stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly then add the ricotta, basil, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and stir until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread ½ cup marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the cooked noodles on a flat surface, making sure they're nice and dry. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the noodles. (There should be about ⅓ cup for each noodle.) Beginning with a short end, carefully roll each one up like a jelly-roll and place in the baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly over the lasagna rolls. Loose cover with foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and serve.
- You can also prepare the rolls, cover and then place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months before baking. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Source: I Love leftovers
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Weight Watchers Recipes for Lasagna Lovers
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.