If you are trying to eat more nutritious foods, kale is really hard to beat. It’s rich in antioxidant nutrients, anti-cancer nutrients and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Dinosaur kale, which is also known as Lacinto kale, isn’t as tough as curly kale so it it works well in raw salads, like this dinosaur kale salad.
The Skinny on Dinosaur Kale Salad
This raw dinosaur kale salad is crunchy, colorful and delicious. The whole family enjoyed it when I made it recently and I think yours will to. The dressing adds a flavorful punch that really perks up the vegetables and fruit.
It’s a great healthy alternative to coleslaw, colorful and brimming with Weight Watchers Power Foods.
According to my calculations each serving has 58 calories and *1 Weight Watchers Points Plus
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale (lacinto kale), thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 naval oranges or clementines, peeled and segmented
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored seeded and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, orange, onion, pepper, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, orange juice, vinegar and black pepper. Pour dressing over the kale mixture and toss well to coat everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
*PointsPlus® for dinosaur kale salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If You Liked This Dinosaur Kale Salad Here are a Few More Raw Kale Salad Recipes for You…
You might also like…
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.