Here’s one of my favorite easy chocolate dessert recipes.
10-minute mocha pots de creme.
The recipe is from one of my favorite baking books – The Weekend Baker: Irresistible Recipes, Simple Techniques, and Stress-Free Strategies for Busy People by Abigail Johnson Dodge.
As Abby explains in the book, Pot de Creme is the French version of American pudding.
I think this is one of my favorite chocolate dessert recipes because of how simple it is. You just whip the ingredients together in a blender and then pour the mixture into little dishes to chill.
How easy is that?
Granted, this isn’t one of your typical Weight Watchers “Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes” made of sugar free chocolate pudding and light cool whip.
I gave up that kind of easy chocolate dessert recipes years ago. I’m sorry but easy chocolate dessert recipes like chocolate mousse made with tofu or sugar free chocolate pudding just don’t cut it for me.
I’ve learned that for me, the key to maintaining my Weight Watchers goal weight is living a happy healthy balanced life. And for me that means occasionally indulging in small amounts of decadent desserts.
It’s what French ladies and savvy sensible American women (like my 94-year-old grandmother) have been doing for decades to stay slim and healthy.
I’d rather have 3 bites of one of my favorite easy chocolate dessert recipes than a larger portion of something made with artificial sweeteners and other fat-free ingredients.
And that’s what I love best about Weight Watchers. Nothing is off limits. It’s up to you to manage your PointsPlus budget in a way that works best for you.
The original recipe is for 4 half-cup servings. But I find this dessert is so rich, a smaller serving is better. And it brings the Weight Watchers PointsPlus value to 4. Not bad for something so rich and delicious!
One of My Favorite Rich and Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes: 10-Minute Mocha Pots de Creme
The French version of American pudding, this is one of those easy chocolate dessert recipes that whips up in minutes with the help of your blender.
The key is to use really good chocolate. The recipe says to chill this at least 45 minutes, but I’ve found it takes at least a couple of hours to cool off and firm up in my fridge.
- 1 cup (8 fl ounces/233 ml) heavy cream
- 4 ounces (113 grams) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Have out 8 small ramekins or classic pot de creme pots (little cups with lids) or pretty tea cups just slightly larger than ¼ cup each. (Since this is a no bake recipe the dishes don't have to be ovenproof.)
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream just until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped chocolate, sugar, and espresso powder or coffee granules into a blender.
- When the cream is just boiling, pour it into the blender. Place the lid on the blender and blend on medium high speed until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is frothy and smooth.
- Add the liqueur and vanilla and process until blended, about 10 seconds.
- Using a spoon, skim off the foam from the top of the custard and discard.
- Pour the chocolate cream into the ramekins or cups, dividing evenly.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate shavings, if desired.
Flavor variations: Bourbon and dark rum work well in place of the coffee liqueur. For fruit flavored liqueurs such as orange or raspberry, omit the coffee granules.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this easy chocolate dessert recipes, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.