Slow Cooker Mint Glazed Lamb Recipe
Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 12 - 16
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 to 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- ⅓ cup prepared mint jelly
- 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Suggested Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart
- Spray your slow cooker with oil or nonstick spray.
- Separate the onion rings and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place your boneless leg of lamb on top of the onion rings.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mint jelly, fresh mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the mint mixture on all sides of the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is fully cooked and begins to relax and lose it’s shape. (Mine was done in about 6.5 hours)
- To thicken the gravy, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth and then whisk the mixture into the hot juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (4 ounces): 245 calories, 16.2 g fat, 4.8 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 18.2 g protein and 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value
Tender and delicious. Everyone loved it. This would only serve 16 dedicated & disciplined Weight Watchers members. My family ate a lot more than 4 ounces because it was so good.
Now that I know to cook boneless leg of lamb in the slow cooker, I will experiment with different rubs and seasonings.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/04/slow-cooker-boneless-leg-lamb-mint/