Easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 cans black beans (14 to 15 ounces each), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup peach salsa or another fruity, tomato-based salsa
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime wedges
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quarts
- In a blender combine the black beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours until the soup is well heated and flavors have had a chance to meld.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as necessary. If you like, top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime.
Nutritional Estimates Per Servig (1/4th of recipe, about 1 cup): 151 calories, 0.5g fat, 610mg sodium, 27g carbs, 7.25g fiber, 7g protein and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/04/easy-slow-cooker-black-bean-soup/