Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn
Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) corn, well drained
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) creamed corn
- Salt and pepper or seasoning to taste (I used Montreal Chicken seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, optional
- 2 tablespoons quick tapioca
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size 2 to 3-Quart
- Grease the slow cooker.
- Stir together the corn, creamed corn, tapioca, and basil and pour into the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken well with your favorite seasoning blend or salt and pepper. (I used Montreal chicken seasoning.)
- Snuggle the chicken thighs on top of the corn mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken. Stir the corn mixture well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in fresh chopped basil if using.
- Serve chicken with a sauce of the creamed corn.
- Or shred chicken and stir into the corn mixture and eat like a thick stew.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 thigh and about 1 cup creamy corn): 300 calories, 3.6 g fat, 36.5 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 34.8 g protein and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/04/crock-pot-chicken-thighs-creamy-corn/