Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-Quart
- Grease the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well blended and creamy.
- Add the oats, carrots, pineapple, coconut, and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels (to prevent condensation from dripping into the oatmeal)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/8th): 243 calories, 5.7 g fat, 41.3 g carbs, 4.9 g fiber, 7.7 g protein and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/03/crock-pot-carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal/