Easy Crock Pot Turkey Mushrooms Surprise
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) turkey gravy mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons intant tapioca (for thickening)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Place the turkey and sliced onion in microwave safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Microwave for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Transfer the turkey to the slow cooker, breaking up any large chunks of turkey.
- Add the mushrooms, dry gravy mix, water, tapioca and thyme (if using). Stir everything to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until the turkey is done and mushrooms are tender.
- Stir, taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve over noodles, or steamed vegetables, or rice, or mashed potatoes.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 226 calories, 8.5 g fat, 10.5 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 27.5 g protein and *6 Points Plus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/03/easy-crock-pot-turkey-mushrooms/