Easy Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup uncooked, converted rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Scrape the beef and onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. (The cooker will be full, but the cabbage will shrink a lot during cooking.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the cabbage is tender.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving: (1/6th; about ¾ cup): 270 calories, 11 g fat, 26 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein and 7 Points Plus
Next time I'll bulk up this slow cooker cabbage casserole even more with another cup or two of cole slaw mix.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/03/slow-cooker-cabbage-roll-casserole/