Slow Cooker Moroccan Vegetarian Stew
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup chopped onions, softened for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave
- 1 cup peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots cut into thirds
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (1 pepper)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (13 ounces) Campbell's Moroccan Chicken Slow Cooker Sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca (thickener)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste, if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 4-Quart
- Grease inside of the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Combine the onions, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, red pepper, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, slow cooker sauce, and tapioca in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- A few minutes before serving, stir in the peas and cilantro. Taste and season, adding in a little lemon juice if you feel it needs something to brighten it up.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1-1/2 cups): 241 calories, 3.6 g fat, 44 g carbs, 10.5 g fiber, 9.8 g protein and *6 Points Plus, Simply Filling
**Sometimes I soften my onions for a few minutes in the microwave before adding them to the CrockPot. I think it makes them sweeter and more mild. But, it's totally optional.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/slow-cooker-moroccan-vegetarian-stew/