Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of potato soup
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) low fat evaporated milk
- 8 ounces reduced fat velveeta cheese (about 2 cups cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 to 4-Quart
- Place the potato soup, broccoli, and broth in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 or until the broccoli is very tender.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, stir in the evaporated milk and cubes of velveeta and continue cooking, with the lid on, until the cheese is melted and soup is hot.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 169 calories, 5.2 g fat, 20.1 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 11 g protein and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus
This would be good with a little fresh chopped basil stirred in at the end too.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/slow-cooker-broccoli-cheese-soup/