Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (I used O'Brien style)
- ½ pound cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-Quart
- If it isn't already cooked, brown the sausage in a skillet.Drain and set it aside.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place one third of the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with one third of the cooked sausage and one third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, sausage and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 or 5 hours or until the casserole is set in the middle and lightly brown around the edges.
- Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving: (1/6th): 261 calories, 13.8 g fat, 14.2 g carbs, 1.6 g fiber, 20.2 g protein and *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus
This slow cooker breakfast casserole would also be delicious with cubed lean ham instead of the cooked sausage.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/slow-cooker-breakfast-casserole/