Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Main
- 2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce (4 ounces canned)
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 can (about 15 ounces) cut canned string beans, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 6-Quart
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, then toss with the flour to coat the meat.
- Grease the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1-1/2 cups): 276 calories, 3.8 g fat, 37.3 g carbs, 5.4 g fiber, 22.8 g protein and *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus
For greater depth of flavor and color, brown the beef in a little oil first and then deglaze your pan with a little beef broth and then continue with the recipe.
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2014/02/hearty-slow-cooker-beef-stew/